Since 1980, Continental Heritage has underwritten bonds valuing over hundreds of millions of dollars across a range of industries. We believe that insurance is more than a pledge on a piece of paper. We treat our customers as partners – meaning we take the time to understand our customers’ goals so we can advocate for their interests.
Specialty Insurer for Emerging Markets
Why Continental Heritage:
- A reputation for excellence (Rated A- by AM Best)
- U.S. Treasury Listed. Continental Heritage is an approved provider of surety products by the United States Department of Treasury. This listing affords Continental Heritage a distinct advantage in its pursuit of niche markets that require bonds issued by an approved surety under Title 31, Section 9304 of the United States Code.
- Specialty surety bonds across the alternative energy, construction, court, environmental, and cannabis industries.
- Product liability & product withdrawal coverage for the cannabis industry
- Experienced surety professionals and industry experts
- Exceptional customer service
- Consistent yet creative underwriting
Mr. Hamm formulates Continental Heritage’s long-term business plans and its strategic development under the direction of the Board of Directors. Mr. Hamm has held multiple executive positions within the Company since 1997. Formerly, Mr. Hamm was a Partner at KPMG and held various executive positions in CBIZ, Inc., ProCentury Corp., and Evergreen National Indemnity Company.
Mr. O’Brien has been with Continental Heritage for over five years and is responsible for all operational and administrative functions, as well as leading significant business development initiatives and partnerships at the Company. Mr. O’Brien formerly served in senior roles at various insurance agencies and is a former corporate litigation associate at McDonald Hopkins, LLP.
Mr. Gilbreath oversees all budgeting, accounting, investment, and actuarial functions at the company. He also participates extensively in strategic growth initiatives, including new product development and acquisition activity. Prior to Continental Heritage, Mr. Gilbreath was a Managing Director within Deloitte’s M&A advisory practice.
Mr. Rehfuss is responsible for current surety underwriting operations and development of Continental Heritage’s underwriting programs for the rapidly developing legal cannabis sector. Mr. Rehfuss is a licensed attorney with a background in commodities and financial risk analysis and operational start-up experience in mobile technology and consumer services.
CA DOI Approves Cannabis Products Liability
Posted May. 18
Continental Heritage is proud to announce that its Products Liability and Recall Insurance for the California Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Markets has been approved by the California Department of Insurance. We’re excited to soon offer broad and true coverage to an industry underserved of real insurance products. PRESS RELEASE May 16, 2018 — Commissioner approves new product liability program for cannabis industry SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones announced…