Since 1980, Continental Heritage has underwritten bonds valuing over hundreds of millions of dollars across a range of industries. We believe that insurance is more than a pledge on a piece of paper. We treat our customers as partners – meaning we take the time to understand our customers’ goals so we can advocate for their interests.
Specialty Insurer for Emerging Markets
Why Continental Heritage:
- A reputation for excellence (Rated A- by AM Best)
- U.S. Treasury Listed. Continental Heritage is an approved provider of surety products by the United States Department of Treasury. This listing affords Continental Heritage a distinct advantage in its pursuit of niche markets that require bonds issued by an approved surety under Title 31, Section 9304 of the United States Code.
- Specialty surety bonds across the alternative energy, construction, court, environmental, and cannabis industries.
- Product liability & product withdrawal coverage for the cannabis industry
- Experienced surety professionals and industry experts
- Exceptional customer service
- Consistent yet creative underwriting
Mr. Hamm formulates Continental Heritage’s long-term business plans and its strategic development under the direction of the Board of Directors. Mr. Hamm has held multiple executive positions within the Company since 1997. Formerly, Mr. Hamm was a Partner at KPMG and held various executive positions in CBIZ, Inc., ProCentury Corp., and Evergreen National Indemnity Company.
Mr. O’Brien has been with Continental Heritage for over five years and is responsible for all operational and administrative functions, as well as leading significant business development initiatives and partnerships at the Company. Mr. O’Brien formerly served in senior roles at various insurance agencies and in the corporate litigation group with a private firm.
Mr. Gilbreath oversees all budgeting, accounting, investment, and actuarial functions at the company. He also participates extensively in strategic growth initiatives, including new product development and acquisition activity. Prior to Continental Heritage, Mr. Gilbreath was a Managing Director within Deloitte’s M&A advisory practice.
Mr. Rehfuss is responsible for current surety underwriting operations and development of Continental Heritage’s underwriting programs for the rapidly developing legal cannabis sector. Mr. Rehfuss is a licensed attorney with a background in commodities and financial risk analysis and operational start-up experience in mobile technology and consumer services.
Mr. Hall is the General Counsel and is responsible for all legal and compliance matters. Prior to joining Continental Heritage, Mr. Hall served as in-house counsel for two different Fortune 500 insurance companies, practiced at private law firms, and clerked for an Ohio Supreme Court Justice. He has a broad range of insurance law experience, including litigation, sales and marketing strategy, and regulatory/compliance management.
Am I Vaping Lead?
Posted Jan. 19
[January 30, 2019] January 1st of this year marked the first day that cartridges containing cannabis oil, popularly known as “vape carts” or “vaporizing cartridges,” are subject to testing for heavy metals in California. According to a report from David Downs of Leafly, early laboratory findings may be quite alarming to consumers as a number of laboratories are reporting that samples are failing due to unacceptable levels of toxic lead.…